To utilize the most appropriate terminology a needs analysis is recommended.
- The needs analysis will allow you to assess how users currently go about arriving at the information they need - the taxonomy should be set up to reflect this.
- A survey of users to get their feedback and uncover relevant terminology is recommended. Specific questions could include:
- What are the biggest pain points to getting the information they need?
- How do they go about resolving information needs?
- What suggestions do they have?